Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them – every day begin the task anew.
St. Francis de Sales
I find it quite humorous right now that my blog name
is "Changed" . Well, of course it makes sense because of
how it applies to my overall life but I really think
it's times like these I need to reflect of how much MORE
I must change in order to accomplish the work Christ has set
out for me.
When I get frustrated about how things aren't changing, or
going MY WAY, I get impatient, as does pretty much most people
unless you are already saintly and then I'm just jealous... haha
okay not jealous just inspired because I know I need to change.
What is even more silly, is that I think change is just going to
happen to me, like when you get lucky and hit all green lights on
your way to work, well... that isn't how change, real concrete
change happens. It doesn't just fall into your lap and you just start
living your life a completely new way. It doesn't just "do all the work"
and you reap the benefits. You must make an effort each day to renew
your mind, encourage your own heart and fight the temptation
to lose hope.
I must admit, I am the queen of throwing my hands up in the air!
That's it, obviously the world is going to end and things are NEVER going
to be the way I want them, well Jaime- first of all shouldn't you think about
what God wants? Not only that, but your faith MUST come into play here.
If you aren't bringing God into your daily problems then that is what they will
stay ... forever...daily... PROBLEMS! A few bits of advice...
1. Hail Mary's. (yes, you know how they are used in football-well
when your head is about to explode , these work the same way )
All joking aside Mama is there for us, she has cried and suffered all throughout
her whole life and she is ready to fight and provide all the strength and prayers you need all day LONG!
2. Scripture. It may be just the Mass Readings for the day or just a few verses you love to encourage you, but think of it as God peeking his head into your office or classroom and saying "Hey,remember I'm always here for you."
3. Breathe. This is still from God... you know your breath...
specifically reminding you to breathe when you feel like you cannot
bear one more ounce of pressure or disaster... think of it as you are breathing
in PATIENCE.
4. Friends. Unload... particularly to faith filled ones, or you can e-mail me ! I <3 E-mail! (choirofangelsblog at gmail dot com)
Dear Lord,
I am so impatient,
and even though I'm impatient please
be patient with me.
I know I am a work-in-progress but help me to remember
that I am your work-in-progress.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment