"So many times I went to you God but I was never really willing to change"
This is me paraphrasing something I heard recently and it struck me.
I think mainly because it hits the nail on the head for most of us
in our spiritual journey with God.
I think about my daily life and what I do for God
and it's hard for me to think, YES,yes i am willing to change!
because in many ways I'm not. I do trust God, I trusted him
with this move and that Stewart would get into medical school
and that everything would be okay and it has been. But
I'm talking about a deep change, a change that is radical, that
would move your world.
I know that Stewart and I talk about moving to Ecuador and living
their for a little while with our children when he is a doctor
but I like to talk to him about it every once and a while
- To make it real.
I don't want this dream of ours to fade away
and let "the American dream" get in the way
of God's plan for Stewart and our family.
I want to be willing to change on a dime,
the second God places a plan in my life.
Of course, practically I may not be able
to drop everything in a second
but I would be able to eventually
and that's what I always want to hold close to my heart,
the passion for His will in my life
The passion to surrender.
Dear Jesus,
let Your dreams for me
become my passions. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment