I believe that impossible is only created when we rationalize.
I encourage you, today and always to be irrational. Believe in what
you think is inconceivable...pray like there are no certainties other than the truth known as your Savior, Jesus Christ.
Have you ever heard an insane conversion story?
Like so insane, far out, 180 degrees change in someone?
How does it make you feel? What does it do to your heart?
For me, it gives me hope. It lifts me up. It builds me up
and strengthens me.
Hope is a funny thing isn't it?
So easily lost on a stubbed toe
or a shattered glass. A day can go from
beautiful to hopeless in an instant.
But really it wasn't that Florida
souvenir glass that made you lose hope,
it was where your heart was.
There is a difference between a state of being
and the feelings you experience in any given moment
For example, you wake up and it's sunny
and quiet and things are going swimmingly,
but in your heart you are a mess -it's like
you are walking on the edge of a cliff range
and you are enjoying the beauty and the magnificence of
a sunset yet one step in the wrong direction
regardless of the beauty around you and...you're gone.
The problem isn't your feelings (that are so fleeting)
the problem is where YOU ARE AT.
Where is your heart? Are you unknowingly walking
on a rickety bridge completely unaware that you
could be in danger ?
If you stand before the pow’r of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you, through it all
-The Song, Be not Afraid
Something I think I have learned about this little
Lenten Journey of my heart is where my heart truly is.
If i don't back away from evil, if i don't distance
myself from fear and run inland, no matter how long
I walk I will always be in danger of falling.
I have to run to my Father and into His safe hands.
He is with us, even when we are treading on evil ground.
Even when we are so close from being distanced from Him forever
He is as close to us then as He is to the most saintly of people
on earth. It's crazy because we are so easily broken
yet so easily healed by Him.
Hope is something I have really been struggling with,
truly it's hard to feel Full when you are so hungry
for something more. It's hard to focus and think clearly
when you let your worries be your god, and let
your weakness be your voice.
The Holy Spirit is a SHAKER.
He shakes us and wakes us up
as we are falling asleep...
drifting away from the truth...
and Grace is a Sustainer
this is the second part of the popular
verse 2 Cor. 12:9
"I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses,
in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me"
So there it is . I'm so weak
and I want more of you Lord.
I need your Grace, to sustain me.
and I need to know that when
I face darkness, that you are
the only way out, the only light
that can guide me safely to
your Hope.
Guide Me Lord, and Lead me
closer to your heart, I need you
to dwell closer than before.
Amen.
4 comments:
Such beautiful sentiments Jaime. Your voice is so raw and sincere... truly a rarity in today's world.
this brought tears to my eyes and moved my heart... do you mind if I share this next week if the time is appropriate to move us all into the HOPE that comes from EAster - the Resurrection?
love you
ps - it's mary
Thank you. You managed to translate into words something I have been trying to see again but have been blinded too. You are beautiful and so is the hungry in your soul and in your heart.
Thank you -M
i really needed this. this is beautiful, Jaime. What truth.
Love you to pieces
Post a Comment