Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Remarkable Inner Act

Recently, I have been having a hard time understanding
what God is wanting of me, of my life...it's been a struggle
of trust, prayer and hope but I really think God spoke to me
in the smallest yet very clear way.

It was after asking for
specific direction I was led to this bible verse...

"There is no fear in love,
but perfect love drives out fear
because fear has to do with punishment,
and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:18-19

We can love because God is in LOVE with us!
Yes this sounds simple but it is
remarkably hard to be confident
when you are surrounded by fear.
All I can say is
when you are in union with Christ, fear isn't an option
Because God is Love.
So really God was asking to please strive for Love
why fear the future? He is my future and that's all I need to know.


Holy God, draw me close to Your love,
so that I may rid myself of the fears
of this world and know that I belong only
to you. Amen.

1 comment:

On The Fly . . . said...

THIS is what i needed to hear today. THANK YOU Jaime.